Scotland's Cities and Regions in a Global Smart Economy
This conference will explore the challenges and opportunities for Scotland’s cities and regions in a globally competitive smart economy. It will look at how we both compete and collaborate with city regions in the rest of the UK and beyond and will focus on how Scotland's city regions can leverage old strengths and new opportunities to be dynamic creators of wealth and innovation into the future.
This conference will examine:
- Scottish cities and Scottish Government strategy and policy
- Collaboration and competition between city regions at home and abroad
- Key economic drivers for city regions
- Investment, partnership and growth
- City and city region approaches in Europe and globally
- Connecting urban, rural and remote Scotland’s economic growth
- Smart, connected places: Combining digital and low carbon
What is the power and potential of Scotland’s city regions as magnets for investment and innovation and as core drivers for economic growth? Should we be adopting other global models or creating our own paths? What is the route to smart, sustainable, socially just, successful city regions?
Brian Kilkelly will be speaking on how cities across the world are adjusting policies to exploit innovation and technology advances in the built environment.
See full programme here